Certain keys don't work in emacs in a terminal

From: Jorge Peixoto de Morais Neto
Subject: Certain keys don't work in emacs in a terminal
Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2006 21:15:53 -0200

When I use emacs under xterm, pressing <menu>  generates a message that "<print> is undefined"; pressing "C-1" inserts the number 1 as if I had pressed just "1".
Under a virtual console, the behavior is also wrong, but different.

How can I make emacs work under xterm or under a virtual console as if it was under X?

Thank you.

PS: I am sorry for sending this message again... but there is more than a month and no answer. i won't send any more times.
--
Software is like sex: it is better when it is free.