Re: Problem with .emacs

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: Problem with .emacs
Date: Fri, 03 Nov 2006 08:35:57 -0700

Hendrik Bilges wrote:
> Thanks a lot! I guess I should really learn how to write stuff in .emacs...

There is a wealth of information in the Emacs manual; see the Init File node
(aka the "The Init File, ~/.emacs" section) and its subnodes (subsections):

Init Syntax (Init File Syntax)
Init Examples (Init File Examples)

Plus there are the Lisp Doc (Emacs Lisp Documentation Lookup), Lisp Eval
(Evaluating Emacs Lisp Expressions), and Lisp Interaction (Lisp
Interaction Buffers) nodes, and 2 other manuals distributed with Emacs:
the Emacs Lisp Introduction, and the Emacs Lisp Reference Manual.

--
Kevin