Re: key mapping convention

From: Perry Smith
Subject: Re: key mapping convention
Date: Sat, 25 Nov 2006 18:35:53 -0600

On Nov 25, 2006, at 3:28 PM, Peter Dyballa wrote:

Am 25.11.2006 um 21:39 schrieb Christopher Küttner:

I am using the mighty Editor since a few months now and I must make a decision.  Should I tweak the Editor to work like my operating system, that means using CUA and so on.  Or should I tweak the operating system such that it works like the Editor (eg C-y as "paste" ect)?

Make the OS behave like your editor. OS'es can change, an editor never!

I would agree.  As a consultant, especially back in the 80's, I drifted around and was always on a new OS.  I simply had to drag my emacs with me and *poof*, I was productive again -- well... at least until the pubs opened :-)

Perry Smith ( pedz@easesoftware.com )
Ease Software, Inc. ( http://www.easesoftware.com )

Low cost SATA Disk Systems for IBMs p5, pSeries, and RS/6000 AIX systems