Re: Add abbrev to default ones

From: Andreas Roehler
Subject: Re: Add abbrev to default ones
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 22:05:34 +0100

Sebastian Schubert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> is there any variable which says that the abbrevs in
> .abbrev_defs should be
> added to the default ones?  I wanted to add one in f90 mode.
> That worked but removed the standard ones after a restart.
> Hope I did enough rtfm,
> thx
>
> Sebastian

What means `default' here? AFAIS exist mode-abbrev-tables
and a global-abbrev-table.

What you describe should not happen. However,
encountered it too, without beeing able to locate the
reasons.

Seems if, while closing Emacs the question `save
abbrevs` is answered `yes` sometimes only the mode
abbrevs are saved, the rest deleted.

Probably a bug.

To avoid this I proceed as following before closing:

M-x edit-abbrevs

C-c C-c

M-x write-abbrevs

Afterwards question `save abbrevs` is answered with _no_

Also I've .abbrev_defs under RCS.

Cheers

__
Andreas Roehler