Re: Coloring window parts without content

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Coloring window parts without content
Date: 30 Nov 2006 23:16:09 -0800

Dieter Wilhelm wrote:

> > Well, here's  a demo outline created with manual spacing:
> >
> > http://img86.imageshack.us/img86/7140/outlinedz7.jpg
>
> Thanks, one can't miss the headings!  But I think it would be more
> convincing (more objective) when the same content would be shown
> directly in comparison with the "old" method.

Okay, here's an other capture with standard colors:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/7913/oldnh6.jpg

You may hav to click the picture to see it in full resolution.

BTW, the only thing the outline.el developers should do is to change
font locking so that the face property includes the ending newline
characters. If it is done then both the current coloring behavior and
the one I proposed could be used (depending on face settings), so it
could be the best of both worlds.