Re: dired mode or norton commander

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: dired mode or norton commander
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 17:50:41 +0100

Am 07.12.2006 um 13:37 schrieb Robert Thorpe:

But I cannot change to dirs '.' and '..', I get:

"Cannot operate on '.' or '..'

That's weird.  It works fine for me.

Using the "a" key I get a message asking if I want to use in all
sessions this options and I answer yes... No good...

That is even weirder.  What does it say when you type C-h k a from
within dired?
What version of Emacs are you using?

For me too it does not work to type ! on . or .. in GNU Emacs 22.0.9x. But I did not yet check the configuration interface and its (new or different?) options.

Could be another security thing ...

--
Greetings

  Pete