Re: Zenirc and emacs on Mac OS X

From: David Hansen
Subject: Re: Zenirc and emacs on Mac OS X
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 05:08:30 +0100

On 7 Jan 2007 02:22:59 -0800 Texaner wrote:

> I lately downloaded zenirc and tried to install it as it was advised.
> But unfortunately I can't invoke zenirc from emacs. M-x zenirc ends up
> in "no match". I quite sure that I have to adjust the makefile because
> it seems to be about ten years old. But I don't know how to do that.

Maybe not exactly what you want to read, but why not try erc
or rcirc?  Both are actively maintained.  The developer
version of emacs (pretty stable and already in pretest) comes
with both.  For older Versions of emacs you can download a
separate package.

Have a look at the emacswiki.org pages which one will suit you
better.

David