Re: Local variables not being defined

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: Local variables not being defined
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 21:25:23 +0100

+ ken <gebser@speakeasy.net>:

| File local-variables error: (error "Local variables entry is missing the
| prefix")
|
| So what does this error message mean and/or what should I do about it?

See the info file about file variables: Every line of the Variables
section must have the exact same prefix, which may be empty.  This
appears to be the case with your example.  Or did some lines have
initial spaces or tabs that your news posting software suppressed?
If so, get rid of them.

  -- Bertrand Russell