Re: file filtering

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: file filtering
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 08:05:00 GMT

"HS" <hugows@gmail.com> writes:

> Excuse me for saying that here, but do you really need/want to use
> elisp?

You are right: I don't really need, but I do really want... ;-) More
precisely: I have an elisp fun what does what I need, but not exactly
in the way I could really like. So I asked here if it is possible to
do in some better way or not. From (lack of) early answers it seems:
not nice way exists :-(

> It seems much easier and "logical" to solve this problem - since
> it's a command-line script that will do some text processing - with
> Ruby, Python or Perl.

Yes. Usually. But can exist cases when this would be part of a bigger
"system" what is "logical to implement" in elisp... Why mix it up with
other languages if not really needed?