definitive way of getting cvs emacs into Ubuntu edgy?

From: Hadron
Subject: definitive way of getting cvs emacs into Ubuntu edgy?
Date: Tue, 06 Feb 2007 08:41:50 +0100

Has anyone here recently build emacs from cvs and installed it on Ubuntu
edgy with it still working with existing debian/ubuntu packages such as
w3m, planner etc which are installed from synaptic?

I have found a few conflicting "howto"s and would be interested to hear
from those who have successfully done this.

(reason is that edgy emacs-snapshot is OLD)

Or, how do I pull in the debian unstable snapshot from 28-12007?