emms help

From: Hadron
Subject: emms help
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2007 17:10:08 +0100

Can someone help me use emms-browser please.

I assumed I would just call it and point it to a directory, but it just
opens with a blank buffer. If I expand it (1-4 keys) it just sits there
with the mouse cursor spinning. I tried switching it to "dired" mode,
but then I just had a pure dired with no emms functionality
available. I'm assuming, and no surprise, that there is something wrong
with my setup?

I have a playlist file and can play from that.

Also, is there a way for emms to default to a playlist or to list
available playlists?

thanks for any helping hands to get me going with emms.