Re: emms help

From: Tassilo Horn
Subject: Re: emms help
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2007 16:09:56 +0100

Hadron <hadronquark@gmail.com> writes:

Hi Hadron,

> I took the darcs version. How to determine emms version? There is no
> emms-version function.

You cannot automatically. You can only name the version of the tarball
you installed or the date, time and repository you checked out.

> Does not work for me. I have a top level "music" folder and point
> emms-browser at it using emms-add-directory-tree. Below it are
> directories named after the artist, then below the albums then the
> song files.

Exactly the same here. But it works...

I have

  (setq emms-source-file-directory-tree-function
        'emms-source-file-directory-tree-find)

in my .emacs. Maybe that fixes the problems. If yes, please send a bug
report to the emms-help mailing list [1]. (You can also access it via
Gmane [2].)

> ,----
> | emms-browser-delete-files is an interactive compiled Lisp function
> | in `emms-browser.el'.
> | (emms-browser-delete-files)
> |
> | Delete all files under point.
> | Disabled by default.
> `----

This function deletes the files physically.

Please use the mailing list / gmane group for further questions. There
are people with more insight into the core modules than me.

Bye,
Tassilo

Footnotes: