Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: How do I find docs for a given library? (minor mode?)
Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 15:37:51 +0200

> From: jmg3000@gmail.com
> Date: 22 Mar 2007 10:08:05 -0700
>
> > Another possibility is to look up the documentation in the Info
> > manuals: "C-h F COMMAND RET", where COMMAND is some command from the
> > library you load.
>
> I get to the GNU Emacs FAQ with `C-h F'

So you have Emacs 21.x (please always say in the future what version
you are using), where you should type "C-h C-f COMMAND RET" instead.

> Also, incidentally (though I don't think it's directly related to your
> suggestion), this is on Debian Etch, and the Emacs manual is
> conspicuously missing...

If the manual is missing, then "C-h C-f" will not work, but I suggest
to try that anyway, in case the manual is hiding in some place where
only Emacs can find it.