Re: Problems setting dired-listing-switches variable

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Problems setting dired-listing-switches variable
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2007 00:07:06 +0200

Am 11.04.2007 um 17:59 schrieb Paul Batt:

Still I'd like to know why --ignore= or --hide= in (dired-listing- switches)
don't work. The emacs manual says they should.

Could be you're trying to use setq or such to achieve the desired effect? The correct way is via the customise interface, i.e. in the end of ~/.emacs, starting with

        (custom-set-variables

you can add entries like

         '(dired-listing-switches "-alN --ignore=PATTERN")

until a final

        )

is encountered. I have no idea what this PATTERN could look like, so I had on the command line no success. You can find access to the customise system by checking the value of the variable dired-listing- switches.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

     _o    o         o   o