Re: Images, display-time, modeline

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Images, display-time, modeline
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2007 11:29:50 -0700

Amy Templeton wrote:

> (image :type pbm
>        :file "~/vc/cvs/emacs/2007-04-15/share/emacs/22.0.97/etc/letter.pbm"
>        :ascent center)

Looks fine to me. What's the value of display-time-string-forms, and
of display-time-string when you have mail? What happens if you
evaluate the following in the scratch buffer:

(insert (propertize "foo" 'display display-time-mail-icon))

Does it change if you switch to letter.xbm?

>> (mapcar (lambda (type) (if (image-type-available-p type)
>> type)) image-types)
>
> (png jpeg postscript xbm pbm)

You don't have gif support, which explains why Google logos don't
appear.

> Out of curiosity, do you know if it's safe to remove all the bits
> about mouse stuff in the mode-line-format?

Sure.