Re: How old are Emacs users?

From: Piet van Oostrum
Subject: Re: How old are Emacs users?
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2007 22:47:48 +0200

>SAS> [kalap.kabat@freemail.hu]
>SAS> | I'm wondering which age group most Emacs users fall into? How old are
>SAS> | you? I'm 32.

>SAS> Age 56.  Emacs user since 18.59.

I am 61. Have been using Emacs for about 20 years. I can't remember the
exact number of years. I still remember that in the early days I got the
Emacs distributions with UUCP through a 1200 bps modem (or was it 300?)
across the ocean. Scheduled during nightly hours to make use of `cheap'
telephone rates. The transfer took about 5 hours. This must have cost the
university quite some money.
--
Piet van Oostrum <piet@cs.uu.nl>
Private email: piet@vanoostrum.org