Re: .emacs in the Windows version of Emacs

From: Peter Tury
Subject: Re: .emacs in the Windows version of Emacs
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 09:27:47 GMT

Cecil Westerhof <dummy@dummy...> writes:

> I did find a mode-file for it, but I can not find a .emacs
> or _emacs file to change. What do I need to do, to let the mode work?

Most probably you don't have .emacs file now. I think the best way you
can go is to create one. See the manual (C-h i): "58.6.4 How Emacs
Finds Your Init File" --> you should have a "home" env.variable in MS
Windows and put your .emacs there. Then try adding (load
"your-mode-file") to it...

(See also Chapter 58.6 The Init File, `~/.emacs')

I don't know how USB drive affects this. Have you searched this
newsgroup? As I remember there was some discussion about it a few
months ago??

\bye