Re: elisp beginner's parens question ??

From: William Case
Subject: Re: elisp beginner's parens question ??
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 14:01:26 -0400

Thanks again Thi;

Especially thank you for the bit of humour.  I find that some people
take their emacs a little too seriously.

On Fri, 2007-04-27 at 17:41 +0200, Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
> () William Case <billlinux@rogers.com>
> () Fri, 27 Apr 2007 09:58:10 -0400

[snip]

> personally, when writing code, i use M-( C-M-o CODE M-) for the
> first time (recursively ;-).  after that, C-M-k, C-M-t and other
> sexp-oriented stuff.  in this way, balance is never lost, and no
> checking is required.  i find M-^ and the following useful, too:
>
> (global-set-key "\C-c_" 'raise-sexp)

Unfortunately, it seems emacs 21.4 doesn't have the raise-sexp function.
I tried C-H f, and v, and a.

> i chose underscore because raising a child "buries" the parent.
> but don't take my word on it, just ask any parent!
>
> thi

You have been a lot of help showing me how to chase down answers to
queries.

--
Regards Bill