Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:01:07 +0200

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 09:18:47 +0200
From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
CC:  help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

I think it is one of the important features in the patched version that makes it quite a bit easier to get started using Emacs for new users.

This is not the issue I was talking about.  I was talking about the
fact that you are actively promoting a variant of Emacs that behaves
differently from what is described in the Emacs manual.  I think this
is wrong, because it makes harder for newbies to learn Emacs, and
makes it harder for us veterans to help those newbies when they ask
questions.

I agree that it makes it a bit harder for you as a veteran to support the newbies. I have however tried to be very careful pointing out the (in fact small) differences.

When you say that it makes it harder for newbies to learn Emacs I disagree. The differences are not of that kind. I try to get users started quickly, that is the most important part of my distro.

I am actively promoting making it easy to get started with Emacs. I am not promoting my package as such and would be glad if it was that easy to get started with the standard distro.

And I have told that many times, in different words. Still you are continuing saying that I am "actively promoting a variant of Emacs". In my opinion that is a bit destructive.