Re: EmacsW32 invocation options

From: Hadron
Subject: Re: EmacsW32 invocation options
Date: Wed, 02 May 2007 22:20:34 +0200

"Juanma Barranquero" <lekktu@gmail.com> writes:

> On 5/2/07, Lennart Borgman (gmail) <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am actively promoting making it easy to get started with Emacs.
>
> You're actively promoting the view that getting started with Emacs on
> Windows is difficult without your changes.

A brief browse of forums and the emacs irc channel suggests that most/a
good % of people do indeed find it daunting to get emacs working under
windows. I am surprised you would disagree. What is simple to you is not
necessarily simple for complete newbies - most of whom I would guess run
Windows.

Having said that I must agree with you that patching over many of the
"must learns" at too early a stage can also leave a nOOb stranded even
further out to sea at a later date. By far the most important thing to
instill in any  emacs apprentice is to learn how to use the built in
help.

C-h i
C-h m
C-h a