Re: Comment Syntax Highlighting in 22.1

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Comment Syntax Highlighting in 22.1
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2007 06:20:40 +0300

> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2007 18:48:52 -0400
> From: "Mike Richards" <mrmikerich@gmail.com>
>
> I decided to try out 22.1 today and noticed that comments are no
> longer highlighted as in the 21.x series (this is at the console, not
> xemacs).
>
> For example, consider the following short file called 'test.pl':
>
> #!/bin/perl -w
> # this is a comment
>
> In the previous version of emacs, the entire second line would be
> highlighted red. But in 22.1 version only the pound sign is red, and
> the rest of the line is in the default color (white).
>
> How is it possible to get the entire line to be red again?

Customize the face font-lock-comment-face to have a non-default
foreground color.  Since Emacs 22 has font-lock turned on by default,
this face has been changed to have the default foreground color on
8-color displays, and a (supposedly less intrusive) new face
font-lock-comment-delimiter-face was introduced to show the beginning
of the comment.  For more details, see the definitions of these two
faces on font-lock.el.