Re: latex files encoding

From: Emilio Lopes
Subject: Re: latex files encoding
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2007 18:03:14 +0200

Harald Hanche-Olsen writes:

>   (push '("[.]tex$" . utf-8) file-coding-system-alist)

> (er, push is part of the cl package, so you need (require 'cl) first,
> or rewrite to the equivalent non-cl elisp - which I admit I am too
> lazy to figure out right now).

It is called `add-to-list' and has the additional advantage of being
idempotent: it will not add a value to the list if it's already
there.  This is a plus when you reload your init-files e.g.

Note that the order of the arguments is different compared to `push'
and that the list variable must be quoted:

     (add-to-list 'file-coding-system-alist '("[.]tex$" . utf-8))

--
Emílio C. Lopes                            Ich leb und weiß nit wie lang,
Munich, Germany                            ich stirb und weiß nit wann,