Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu

From: Andrea Vettorello
Subject: Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:08:32 +0200

On 9/8/07, Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com> wrote:

[...]

> Not too helpful.
>
> Should Emacs use mmap(2) for buffer allocation?         no
>   What window system should Emacs use?                    none
>   What toolkit should Emacs use?                          none
>   Where do we find X Windows header files?                NONE
>   Where do we find X Windows libraries?                   NONE
>   Does Emacs use -lXaw3d?                                 no
>   Does Emacs use -lXpm?                                   no
>   Does Emacs use -ljpeg?                                  no
>   Does Emacs use -ltiff?                                  no
>   Does Emacs use -lungif?                                 no
>   Does Emacs use -lpng?                                   no
>   Does Emacs use X toolkit scroll bars?                   no
>
> I guess I need to translate these into something that Ubuntu understands.
> Back to google.

As an hint, look at the "Build-Depends:" line of the
"emacs22_22.1+1-2.dsc" file you can find at
http://packages.debian.org/sid/emacs22 (Ubuntu uses Debian as
upstream), you probably dont' need all the packages listed, as at
least a couple are for package creation, not Emacs dependencies
(quilt, imagemagick, sharutils).

If you download the three files (original, dsc, and diff), you could
use the Debian (Ubuntu should use the same) "dpkg-dev" tools to build
a deb package (dpkg-buildpackage)...

--
Andrea