Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu

From: Tim X
Subject: Re: Building 22.1, on Ubuntu
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2007 13:52:43 +1000

Peter Dyballa <Peter_Dyballa@web.de> writes:

> Am 08.09.2007 um 14:33 schrieb Dave Pawson:
>
>> $ ./configure --with-gtk --enable-font-backend --with-xft
>
> Amazing! My configure script does not reveal the last two options ...

They are not the ones I use either. My call to configure is

./configure --with-x-toolkit=gtk \
    --with-sound=yes --prefix=/usr/local

however, I think the default x-toolkit setting is now gtk, so it should not
be required and the default install prefix is /usr/local, so that one
probably isn't required either. I like to be explicit, which is why I
include them.

I think I've seen a couple of those in directions from a website that had a
private fork of emacs 22 to provide additional font support. Maybe it has
been merged into the official CVS branch? At any rate, the INSTALL doc
covers most configure options and configure --help lists the others.

Tim

--
tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au