Re: doc-view: Document quality and find-file

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: doc-view: Document quality and find-file
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2007 00:43:26 +0200

Am 18.09.2007 um 00:15 schrieb Amy Templeton:

However, reduced sizes
just seem to make it worse, oddly, whereas larger ones make it easier to
read. I don't presume to have an explanation.

Can you send me such a representative scan?

OCR? I'm not familiar with that term.

Optical Character Recognition. A software finds characters from the black spots and white gaps and creates words out of them. Sometimes it can be funny ... A good OCR software creates a very small text document from a large scan of some MB (compare it with pdftotext, though it is much simpler) and even can preserve elements of the original layout (columns, paragraphs, headers, footnotes).

--
Greetings

  Pete

To most people solutions mean finding the answers. But to chemists solutions
are things that are still all mixed up.