Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again

From: Sean Sieger
Subject: Re: My emacs was upgraded and I am a novice again
Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:12:08 -0400

   With respect to revert - I don't agree it is just plain wrong. It only
   seems wrong in one context - the one in which you are updating from a file
   which is constantly changing. In the more general case, where you just want
   the buffer to go back to where it was at before you started making changes,
   i.e. re-read (or even re-load) the file, it is reverting. I'd agree that in
   hindsight, reread (or maybe re-load) may have been better, but ....

When I visited a new file and typed `-*- outline -*-' at the top of it
and saved it, I formulated that I was looking for something like
`refresh' or `reread' (yes, instead of simply, `M-x outline-mode').