Re: keybinding mystery

From: Gordon Beaton
Subject: Re: keybinding mystery
Date: 05 Oct 2007 10:52:18 GMT

On Fri, 05 Oct 2007 11:40:41 +0200, Tassilo Horn wrote:
> I'd recommend using (kbd "C-=") instead of [(ctrl =)].  It looks clearer
> because it uses the format emacs uses for printing keybindings, too.

Actually I use both variants as well as things like "\C-c\C-o". I
can't say I prefer one method over another, but parts of my .emacs go
back to emacs 18 or 19, so (kbd "C-=") might not always have been an
option.

Maybe it's time to re-read Jari Aalto's keybinding guide, if it's
still being maintained.

> Generally speaking, all keys like C-X where X is a alphabetical or
> numerical letter should work in both cases.

I tried the digits with only mixed success, but will manage find a key
that I'm comfortable with.

Thanks,

/gordon