Re: How to use "/multi:" method in tramp with emacs23?

From: Nikos Apostolakis
Subject: Re: How to use "/multi:" method in tramp with emacs23?
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2007 01:15:09 -0400

bojohan+news@dd.chalmers.se (Johan Bockgård) writes:

> Nikos Apostolakis <nikos.ap@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> the following syntax works for tramp in emacs22
>>
>> /multi:ssh:me@host1:ssh:me@host2:/path/to/file
>>
>> where host2 is a host that I can acces only from host1.  This
>> doesn't seem to work with emacs23 anymore.
>
> From etc/NEWS (`C-h n'):
>
>     *** Multihop syntax has been removed.
>     The pseudo-method "multi" has been removed.  Instead of, multi hops
>     can be specified by the new variable `tramp-default-proxies-alist'.

I see, thanks for your answer.  For some reason the emacs snapshot
package has the info documentation for an older version of tramp and
I did't think to look at the news.  I found the documentation in the
web but stil I am not sure how to set the variable
`tramp-default-proxies-alist' to accomplish what the old "/multi"
syntax did.  In the above example I have the ip addresses of host1
and host2, how should I set the variable?

Thanks,
Nikos