Re: The fundamental concept of continuations

From: Matthias Benkard
Subject: Re: The fundamental concept of continuations
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 05:05:24 -0700

> (3) Is it present in python ...?

I don't keep up to date with the recent developments in Python land,
but the last time I used Python, it certainly didn't have first-class
continuations.  There used to be a project called Stackless Python
that tried to add continuations to Python, but as far as I know, it
has always been separate from the official Python interpreter.  I
don't know whether it's still alive.  You may want to check
http://stackless.com/
for details.

> (6) any good readable references that explain it lucidly ?

If you are familiar with Python syntax, there's
http://www.ps.uni-sb.de/~duchier/python/continuations.html -- and even
if you aren't, you may want to have a look at it, as simple Python
code is ridiculously easy to read.

~ Matthias