Re: Org-Mode S-expressions

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: Org-Mode S-expressions
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2007 09:55:27 -0400

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> jadamson@partners.org (Joel J. Adamson) writes:
>
>> <%%(let ((dayname (nth 7 (decode-time (current-time))))
>>          (hour (nth 3 (decode-time (current-time)))))
>>      (or (memq dayname '(1 2))
>>          (and (equal dayname 3) (< hour 12))))>
>
> (nth 7 (decode-time (current-time)))
>      ^
>
> ... should be 6 no?

7 gave me the hour: that is strange though...

>> Now, I noticed that the angle-brackets and less-than sign will
>> probably mix things up.
>
> I don't know what version of Org you're using but since Org's
> development is quite fast it might be a good idea to check the
> lastest release:

I'm using whichever version is included with Emacs CVS.

> And maybe you can use Org's own syntax for repeating events:

Yeah, I tried that and all I get is that it shows up once with a
single time stamp.  I'd rather have it show (metaphorically) "Today is
the day that you're working for Dr. Frankenstein."

Thanks for your help Bastien,
Joel
--
Joel J. Adamson