Re: Reading/Managing mail with emacs

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: Reading/Managing mail with emacs
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 20:56:29 +1000

"Dmitri Minaev" <minaev@gmail.com> writes:
> On 10/6/07, Daniel Pittman <daniel@rimspace.net> wrote:
>> No, rmail, Gnus, Mew and Wanderlust are also all well used.  I chose
>> Gnus, personally, but you should review the range before selecting the
>> tool that best meets your needs.
>
> Could anyone, please, compare them IMAP-wise?

No, but I can help on the Gnus front:

> I mean, disconnected mode, fetching separate MIME parts, etc.

Gnus agent supports disconnected operation but is very slow, even
compared to other poorly performing options.

Gnus only supports fetching entire articles, not parts.

Gnus, through NNIR, does integrate IMAP searching; it also uses the
expunge model correctly.

In general it is tolerable but far from perfect.  I do, however, use it
in IMAP mode to handle my mail on a full time basis with no significant
issues.

Regards,
        Daniel
--