Re: Polish characters in emacs

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Polish characters in emacs
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 11:03:06 +0200

> From: Wojtek <wnkltd@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2007 14:09:57 -0700
>
> When I open up a connection to my account and run emacs from Fedora 7
> the characters do not show up when viewing a mail message encoded as
> utf-8.  However I can toggle the input method to polish-slash and
> enter polish characters and they do show up.  When connecting to the
> same account from a Windows machine using Cygwin-X, the characters in
> the mail message show up without a problem. Since the emacs I am
> running is starting up with the same parameters, what controlsl the
> display of characters?

Please tell more.  For starters, when you connect from Fedora 7, do
you start Emacs in the GUI mode (i.e. under X) or in text terminal
mode?

Also, what do you mean by ``characters do not show up'', exactly?  Do
you see empty boxes or some other characters?

Finally, what version of Emacs do you run?

Oh, and try "emacs -q --no-site-file" in both cases to see if the
behavior changes.