A latex-mode key binding problem

From: alber
Subject: A latex-mode key binding problem
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2007 16:02:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hello all,

Here I recently have a problem in emacs latex-mode, that is:

I cannot binding a hot-key for "m-x delete-region",

this is the lisp I used in my .emacs file:
(global-set-key "\C-c\ \C-r" 'delete-region)

It works very well under other modes, but in latex-mode, it totally becomes
invalid
the information that Emacs gived is : "No Tex process to kill"

Anybody knows why??
Many Thanks!!!