Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: why I cannot run lisp in emacs?? :(
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 13:00:39 -0400

thinkreverse <ferociousheep@gmail.com> writes:

[...]

>> (setq inferior-lisp-program clisp) ; for example if your lisp program
>>                                    ; is clisp
>>
>> You should change the variable "inferior-lisp-program" to your
>> installation of a Common Lisp interpreter.  By default it's set to
>> "lisp" --- I had to change it to "clisp."

[...]

> Thank you:) My problem is solved by your solution.

No prob: the best way to find these things is with apropos, either
"M-x apropos RET regex" or bind it to a key.  I have it bound to f3.
You can search by regular expression or a word list (e.g. "inferior
lisp program").  This will give you a list of potential items, and
each one gives you the variable/function's documentation, and then
tells you if you can customize it.  I used to think of only using
Customize to set variables, because I didn't know how to find them;
apropos is the way.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson