Could anybody share the setting of their emacs for programming purpose?

From: Mike H
Subject: Could anybody share the setting of their emacs for programming purpose?
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2007 22:06:37 -0700

Could anybody share the setting of their emacs for programming
purpose?
I am relatively a newbie in using emacs, and I don't like the default
settings especially the font..

Could anybody generously share their portions of their .emacs file
corresponding to the font settings?

Sorry for being a newbie in this area.. but sometimes, even if I use
other people's .emacs file , the fonts don't show up.. the fonts in my
computer might be messed up..

where do i download the fonts ? I am using redhat 4.

Thanks!