Re: Some way to have cursor focus on help windows automatically?

From: William Xu
Subject: Re: Some way to have cursor focus on help windows automatically?
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:33:43 +0900

Philip@kime.org.uk writes:

> When I do C-h <whatever> and the buffer-window splits to display the
> help buffer, I want the focus to go to the help buffer so I can just
> to "q" to get rid of it. So much more convenient what C-x 1 in the
> original buffer. Any way to set this?

I have the following in my .emacs.

;; help/doc buffers
;; ----------------

(defun xwl-jump-to-help ()
  "Focus cusor on the help-mode buffer."
  (unless (eq major-mode 'help-mode)
    (other-window 1)))

(defadvice describe-mode (after jump-to-help)
  (xwl-jump-to-help))

(defadvice describe-bindings (after jump-to-help)
  (xwl-jump-to-help))

(defadvice describe-function (after jump-to-help)
  (xwl-jump-to-help))

(defadvice describe-variable (after jump-to-help)
  (xwl-jump-to-help))

(defadvice describe-key (after jump-to-help)
  (xwl-jump-to-help))

(ad-activate 'describe-mode)
(ad-activate 'describe-bindings)
(ad-activate 'describe-function)