Re: Terminal mode and TRAMP just hang

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Terminal mode and TRAMP just hang
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 13:15:39 +0200

> From: "Philip@kime.org.uk" <Philip@kime.org.uk>
> Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2007 22:07:16 -0700
>
> I think I might have read somewhere that native NTemacs doesn't like
> using cygwin versions of bash/ssh etc? But M-shell doesn't seem to
> mind ...

Yes, the native Windows build of Emacs and Cygwin programs such as
Bash are subtly incompatible, due to the way they handle console I/O.
I'm not surprised that some commands work, while others don't.

I'd advise against trying this mix, or else use the Cygwin build of
GNU Emacs.  But if you _really_ want to pursue this, the right place
to post such problems is on emacs-devel@gnu.org, perhaps you will find
there people who have this figured out, or maybe find the cause of the
problem and fix it in the development sources.