Re: Problem with keyboard-translate and mapping of parentheses

From: Josip Gracin
Subject: Re: Problem with keyboard-translate and mapping of parentheses
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 21:19:22 +0200

Josip Gracin wrote:
It works as expected.  Pressing [ on the keyboard produces (.
However, when I press Meta and [ I don't get the expected M-( but an error message saying that M-[ is not unbound. As if the translation is not active when using modifiers.

Just a little update... Since I'm using a PC keyboard, I'm actually pressing the Alt key. But, if I press ESC and then [, it works. Something to do with Alt not being treated exactly as Meta?

My xmodmap reports:

mod1        Alt_L (0x40),  Alt_L (0x7d),  Meta_L (0x9c)