(not) save the scratch buffer

From: henry atting
Subject: (not) save the scratch buffer
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 08:13:46 +0200

Hi,

since Emacs23 (emacs-version: 23.0.0.2) when I want to exit emacs
I am alway asked whether to save the scratch buffer or
not. Formerly the scratch buffer was for “notes you don’t want to
save, and for Lisp evaluation”.
I would't mind if I were only prompted for saving with a fair
chance to say 'yes or no'. But when I say 'no' afterwards in my home
directory appear all these backup files like this:
#*scratch*#5151_fx#

Any hints?

henry