merge gnus mail

From: Roger Mason
Subject: merge gnus mail
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 09:10:14 -0230

Hello,

After a system reinstall I have mail, in nnml format, in my current
~/Mail and in two *.tar.gz files.  I would like to merge all three
sources of mail if possible.  It would be nice to avoid duplicates,
but I'd rather have duplicates than losses.  Is this possible and if
so how should I proceed?

I read the part of the gnus manual that describes re-spooling a
mailbox file but I couldn't find anything on a similar process for
nnml format.

I'm running emacs 22.1, gnus 5.11.

Thanks for any help,

Roger Mason