Re: Ediff on X: How do I get the control window in the same frame as the

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Ediff on X: How do I get the control window in the same frame as the buffers?
Date: 28 Oct 2007 12:05:10 GMT

Alan Mackenzie wrote:
> How do I tell Ediff to create the single-line control window in the main
> frame, even on X-windows?  I've looked at the Ediff fine manual
> configuration section, but didn't find anything relevant there.

(info "(ediff)Window and Frame Configuration") describes the following
variable:

`ediff-window-setup-function'
     The multiframe setup is done by the
     `ediff-setup-windows-multiframe' function, which is the default on
     windowing displays.  The plain setup, one where all windows are
     always in one frame, is done by `ediff-setup-windows-plain', which
     is the default on a non-windowing display (or in an xterm window).
     In fact, under Emacs, you can switch freely between these two
     setups by executing the command `ediff-toggle-multiframe' using
     the Minibuffer of the Menubar.

HTH

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com