Emacs 22: bind keymappings with cyrrilics to corresponding latin keymapp

From: address@hidden
Subject: Emacs 22: bind keymappings with cyrrilics to corresponding latin keymappings?
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 14:29:41 -0000

Hello!

I enjoy Emacs 22.1 under Debian. My locale is UTF-8, and I use qwerty/
йцукен keyboard layouts.

Recently I began to feel irritated that Emacs ignores keymappings when
I am at cyrrilic layout. For example, I enter some russian text in say
LaTeX mode and want to refill paragraph. So I need to switch to latin
layout, hit M-q, and switch back to continue typing. If I just hit M-q
while at cyrrilic layout, Emacs says she doesn't know how to handle M-
й. Well, that has logic, but slows me down big time.

Is there a way to map *all* the [latin] keymappings to corresponding
"cyrrilic" ones, so C-ч-C-а is C-x-C-f, C-л is C-k and so on? Any help
greatly appreciated.

Andrey