Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: New keybinding suggestion: C-x _ for `shrink-window'
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 13:14:20 +0000

Richard Stallman <rms@gnu.org> writes:

>     What about this new keybinding:
>
>       C-x _ `shrink-window'
>
> I don't think it is worth using up a key for that.
> You can do this now with negative args to `enlarge-window',
> and I think that is good enough for a command tha's not used
> all that often.

My real concern was that I need `shrink-window' more often than the
`shrink-window-if-larger-than-buffer' command (`C-x -')

Even if I don't use these two commands that often, using one more than
another made me propose this.  But from people replies, I deduce it is
just my way of resizing windows.

--
Bastien