Feature Request: Auto-jumping to source file (.el) upon elisp error

From: Nordlöw
Subject: Feature Request: Auto-jumping to source file (.el) upon elisp error
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 00:54:12 -0800 (PST)

My highest priority Emacs feature request:

When I encounter an error in elisp code I always wonder: Is there a
way for Emacs to automatically split my elisp-error window in two and
replace one of the windows with the relating source file and jump to
position in that buffer where the error occurrred, like we are used to
with practically all other languages/IDEs?

Thanks in advance,
Nordlöw