Re: emacs keybinding syntaxes bewilderment

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: emacs keybinding syntaxes bewilderment
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 20:37:23 +0100

+ rustom <rustompmody@gmail.com>:

> On Dec 16, 1:56 pm, Harald Hanche-Olsen <han...@math.ntnu.no> wrote:
>> + rustom <rustompm...@gmail.com>:
>>
>> > But why is kbd not in the elisp manual?
>>
>> It isn't?  I found it via the index in mine.
>> Maybe you have an old version?
>
> My default emacs is 21. 22 is available as emacs-snapshot-gtk.

Okay.  I admit I am running (an old version of) emacs 23, the unicode
branch.  But that version is actually older than the emacs 22 release,
so I had assumed that emacs 22 would contain info files with this
information.  Now it used to be, unless I am mistaken, that the elisp
manual used not to be distributed with the emacs source code, but came
separately.  I guess that must have changed?  But I don't know when.

  -- Bertrand Russell