Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Starting emacs in ediff mode.
Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 18:48:38 +0200

> Date: Fri, 25 Jan 2008 15:55:20 +0100
> From: "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com>
> CC: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org
>
> - File names given need not be absolute.
> - You can not give use \ in the file names.
> - Be nice, do not put env variables in the users environment

Which of these problems are relevant to the simple invocation of Emacs
that I suggested:

> >    emacs --eval "(ediff-files \"file_1\" \"file_2\")"

As for this one:

> - Emacs client is used.

I don't see how is this relevant to the OP's question: if they already
have Emacs running, they could simply invoke Ediff from within that
Emacs session.  And if Emacs is not running, what's the advantage of
using emacsclient?