Re: default directory for windows

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: default directory for windows
Date: 13 Feb 2008 16:05:26 GMT

rustom wrote:
> One of the (many) problems I have using emacs under windows is that ti
> starts off with the pwd being in the directory where emacs is
> installed rather than my home.
>
> So my .emacs has (cd "~") to get around this
>
> But I imagine this is not the proper way to correcting the problem. Is
> there not some 'pre-variable' from which default-directory is set?

if you right-click on the icon or menu option that starts emacs and select
Properties, you get a window that has an option "Start in directory" or
something similar. you can use it to set the working dir for emacs. you'll
have to do this for every icon/menu option that's used to start emacs,
though, i.e. on the desktop, in the windows menu, and on the task bar, if
you have an emacs icon there.

i don't know if there's a better way to do this, but it works.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)