Re: Does pclcvs support ssh protocol ?

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: Does pclcvs support ssh protocol ?
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:15:43 +0100 (CET)

From: Michael Hoffman <b3i4old02@sneakemail.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2008 16:21:31 +0000

> Pierre Lorenzon wrote:
>
> >   Not exactly ! Since ssh transaction requires an interactive
> >   sequence during which password is required and send ! Hence
> >   if such a dialog is not allowed by pclcvs is wouldn't work !
> >   That exactly what append : when I issue # cvs up in the
> >   consol ssh password is required but when I try to use pclcvs
> >   instead NOTHING is required AT ANYTIME !!! and *cvs* buffer
> >   contains :
>
> Please calm down.
>
> My copy of OpenSSH does not seem to support password input from a device
> that is not a terminal (such as the Emacs pipe I presume is setting this
> up).

  Notice that password transaction works perfectly good with
  tramp so that's not the problem !

> The best thing to do would be to set up public key authentication so you
> do not need to type in passwords all the time.

     Once would probably be enough just like with tramp.

> > Repository : :ext:root@jabberwocky:/web/srv/sources/cvs
>
> Logging in as root for routine uses like this is not a good
> idea.

  I know that ! thank you but it was only for test and in an
  local network ! I will not modify the whole system
  architecture for something that does not work !

  Notice that I still do not have the answer to my question :
  "yes or not is this password transaction implemented in
  pcl-cvs like in tramp ?"

  Pierre