Re: emacs could not show this symbol.

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: emacs could not show this symbol.
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 10:49:34 +0100

Am 28.02.2008 um 01:10 schrieb anhnmncb:

th or thai?

It is according to ISO 639 and ISO 3166 th. You can try:

        fc-list : file family lang

It will be a long listing in *shell* buffer ...

I guess the font "Fixed" supports it(don't know how to let my system
knows that wenquanyi  supports it too), how to configure for
that?

The file fonts.conf configures the libfontconfig based system. I am confident that there is a way to "correct" the information a font gives by making it responsible for something it can do.

I tried:
  (set-fontset-font (frame-parameter nil 'font)
                    'thai '("Fixed" . "unicode-bmp"))
and
  (set-fontset-font "fontset-default"
                    'thai '("Fixed" . "unicode-bmp"))
both have no effect.

Could be it works better when launching a new instance of GNU Emacs after ~/.emacs was augmented? C-h H can also be an easy proof to see whether the font setup is OK ...

--
Greetings

  Pete

Windows, c'est un peu comme le beaujolais nouveau: à chaque nouvelle cuvée on sait que ce sera dégueulasse, mais on en prend quand même, par masochisme.