Re: Help for sql-oracle mode

From: Misskiss
Subject: Re: Help for sql-oracle mode
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 09:05:03 -0500

Tim X <timx@nospam.dev.null> writes:

> "misskiss wang" <misskiss.wang@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Dear Friends,
>>
>> I like to using sql-oracle in emacs, but now I met a problem: The database I
>> logged on no need to input username and password, both fields are empty. If I
>> ran M-x sql-oracle in emacs, and I press ENTER butter two times and then
>> input
>> Server string, for example like DB1, I got an error like this:
>>
>> SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.2.0 - Production on Thu Feb 28 14:03:40 2008
>>
>> Copyright (c) 1982, 2005, Oracle. All Rights Reserved.
>>
>> Enter user-name:
>> ERROR:
>> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>>
>> Enter user-name:
>> ERROR:
>> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>>
>> Enter user-name:
>> ERROR:
>> ORA-12560: TNS:protocol adapter error
>>
>> SP2-0157: unable to CONNECT to ORACLE after 3 attempts, exiting SQL*Plus
>>
>> Process SQL exited abnormally with code 1
>>

> Can you access the database just running SQL-Plus? Oracle is natorious
> for providing misleading error messages. For example, you will get that
> same error message if you specify the wrong SID. The first thing I wold
> do is try
>
> sqlplus DB1
>
> and hit enter when prompted for the username and password. If that
> works, then we know the problem isn't with Oracle and have to look
> closer at sqlplus.
>
> Tim
>
> P.S.
>
> I've never seen an Oracle database that didn't require a username - the
> username determines the schema - I guess you can have one, just never
> come across it before.
> --
> tcross (at) rapttech dot com dot au

Thanks a lot for the help! I tried "sqlplus DB1", it's the same problem,
I still cannot login DB server. However, if I use a GUI tool to login
the server, leave both user name and password as blank, I can login the
server. It's really unconvininet for me... Is there any good solutions?

Thanks a lot!

Misskiss
--

You are always busy.